You are missing out on growth opportunities (and "leaving money on the table") if you don't stay in touch with past customers! So how do you do it? Follow these simple steps to reengage with past customers.
Reengagement Plan Steps:
- Pull a list of past customers from the past 12-24 months.
- Outline the process and timeline of when you will call, email, send direct mail, etc. to that list.
- Implement your plan:
- Create the 1st email to remind the list of your capabilities and how you can help their business. See below for ideas.
- Create a call script for how to follow up with them
- Develop any creative needed for direct mail - case studies, personal note, gift, etc.
- Track results with email open rate, responses, clicks, direct mail delivered, etc.
1st Email Template:
I hope you're doing well. We haven't spoken in a while so I wanted to check in and see how you and your business are doing. How is [the last order] working for you? Do you have any questions or concerns that I can help with?
[Your Company Name] has [name capability] that I thought might be interesting to you. We now offer [list product/service] that you could leverage in [area of their business].
Do you have any interest in learning more about it or other [products/services]? Either reply to this email or give me a call at XXX-XXX-XXXX. I will call next week to check-in as well.